Only candidates who currently reside in or in close proximity to Staten Island are going to be considered for the role.
Staten Island, NY - Large multi-specialty practice is seeking a full-time Authorization Specialist. This is a great opportunity for the right applicant to advance their skills in the medical billing field. This position offers future employment growth and learning.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position is located on Staten Island, NY. This full-time position will offer a competitive salary, Paid Time Off and a full range of benefits. EOE
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Initiate and obtain prior authorizations from insurance carriers.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate documentation is compiled in order to obtain authorizations.
- Work with insurance companies in a professional manner.
- Navigate insurance company websites and policies to obtain patient care treatment authorization.
- Contact applicable insurance companies, through internet or phone depending on requirements, and relay pertinent patient information to them for billing and medical pre-authorization purposes.
- Exhibit and manage excellent turn-around time in order to ensure timely authorizations.
- Provide excellent customer service, care, and communication for our patients in an efficient manner.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years working within a healthcare environment.
- Proficient in electronic medical records.
- Ability to provide excellent patient care.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows.