Healthcare Associates in Medicine, PC is seeking a Communication Center Specialist to join our team.
The Communication Center Specialist will work as part of the Call Center team for our large, multi-specialty physician practice, handling a consistently high volume of phone calls, primarily patient appointment requests, as well as inquiries from physicians, pharmacies and others. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about helping people. Typically, the Communication Center Specialist is the first point of contact a patient has with our practice, so the friendly and efficient patient service you provide is vital.
This full-time position offers medical, dental and vision benefits, PTO, 401K, as well as employee appreciation initiatives. Daily work schedule is Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. EOE.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Scheduling a large volume of appointments for multiple physicians.
- Facilitates and manages incoming phone calls, routing to appropriate departments.
- Obtains current patient information from established and new patients.
- Treats all team members and patients in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
- 2 years of experience in a busy office environment.
- Demonstrates a positive work ethic and attitude.
- Consistently strives to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve, as well as to remain professional under pressure.
- Speaks clearly and has good listening skills. Spanish speaking a plus.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology; medical office experience or heavy phone experience a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.