Private Physician Partner Practice, located in Staten Island, NY, is seeking a full-time Medical Assistant. We are seeking a Medical Assistant for our Orthopedic and Neuroscience departments. This is great opportunity to learn and grow as a Medical Assistant. Must be willing and able to work all shifts, occasional evening and weekend work. Prepares patients to see physicians, facilitates lab tests and paperwork as needed, and assists Clinical Services supervisors with clinical and administrative duties as directed. EOE - We offer a competitive salary including a wide range of benefits, 401k and paid time off.
Please apply with a WORD type formatted resume.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
- Medical Assistant Diploma - And / Or - RMA, AMT or AAMA Certification preferred.
- BLS Certification.
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and the completion of an approved program in “medical assisting” to include meaningful internships and externships.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable using computer applications to include: practice management systems, electronic health records, and related software. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications, use of email and online systems.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State, and local jurisdictions.
- Understands suitable and appropriate appearance demonstrates good communication skills, capable of writing instructions for patients consistent with directions provided by licensed providers, works well with others.
Skills and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities, including greeting, checking schedules and organizing patient flow.
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room and assist with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exams etc.
- Collecting and updating patient history and medical records.
- Taking and recording vitals.
- Assisting physician with ambulatory surgeries.
- Handling correspondence, billing, and other required administrative documentation.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Applying or removal of sutures, dressings, casts, splints or other devices at the direction of the provider.
- Providing, instructing and explaining pertinent information to patients and/ or family members. Such as; medications, appointment follow-ups, scheduling appointments, referrals etc.
- Instructing patients about medication, special diets, and exercise programs and services.
- Replenishes supplies – stocks, sterilizes and cleans exam rooms and instruments.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Healthcare Associates in Medicine:
For over a decade, we at Healthcare Associates in Medicine, P.C. have provided the best and most comprehensive care for New Yorkers in Staten Island and Brooklyn. While our offices and staff have changed over the years, our commitment to our patients has not. It is this commitment that has both sustained our longevity while helping to develop a strong reputation as a top health care provider.