Only candidates who currently reside in or in close proximity to Staten Island are going to be considered for the role.
Staten Island, NY – Large multi-specialty medical practice is currently seeking a full time Medical Billing Representative. Candidates must have experience in the field of medical billing either from working in a private practice or hospital setting. Strong knowledge of medical insurance and coding are vital for this position. Applicants should reside in or within relative close proximity to Staten Island, NY
As a Medical Billing Representative, you will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring compliance with current payments, rules and legislative regulations that impact billing and collection, follow-up of outstanding A/R all-payers, including self-pay and/or the resolution of denials and manage correspondence. Workers compensation claims experience is preferred.
Full-time positions will be scheduled to work 42.5 hours per week. Part-time positions will be scheduled to work 24 hours per week. Days and hours of work will be determined at time of hire. This position is located on Staten Island, NY. This full-time position will offer a competitive salary, Paid Time Off and a full range of benefits. EOE
Position Responsibilities/Standards (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinates with clinical staff to get charge information for all patients.
- Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
- Verifies and completes charge information in database and procedures billing.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, files, etc.
- Follows up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
- Scrub claims for billing and front desk errors.
- Fix errors and validate electronic claims.
- Follow-up for claim status and resubmit denied claims.
- Update client systems with detailed and accurate notes.
- Post payments accurately to claims.
- Makes necessary adjustments to claims based on EOB's.
- Working on aged receivables.
- Review and prepare claims for manual and/or electronic billing submission.
- Correct and identify billing errors and resubmit claims to insurance carriers.
- Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials, etc.
- Review Insurance EOB's and initiate appeals as necessary.
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and determine patient responsibility.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary.
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Proficient in electronic medical records
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Windows.