Staten Island, NY - Healthcare Associates in Medicine, P.C. is seeking a full time, experienced Psychotherapist to join our team. The psychotherapist will be responsible for providing psychotherapeutic services to children, adolescents and/ or adults who have various medical, behavioral and developmental concerns as well as anxiety and depression. Clients also present with pain management and coping needs as well as medical conditions such as TBI/concussion, dementia, seizure disorder and other neurologic conditions.
Since this position is full time it includes medical, dental and vision benefits in addition to Paid Time Off and retirement plan. Scheduled hours to work may include occasional evenings and weekends. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter along with salary requirements.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional clinical skills in delivering psychotherapeutic intervention to a variety of clients.
- Expertise in providing parent skills training and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cognitive and cognitive behavioral interventions, including the ability to develop and monitor individualized behavior plans.
- Ability to deliver developmentally appropriate psychotherapy.
- Deliver services to clients with neurologic conditions as well as those with chronic pain.
- Excellent note writing, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work hours that will accommodate patient population.
- Maintains timely and concise client documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Consult with Director of Program (licensed psychologist) when necessary and appropriate.
- Adheres to Compliance policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Current NY State license as LCSW or LMHC is a must.
- 2-4 years’ experience in healthcare and mental health settings.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- Must possess above-average organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Competence using Microsoft Office products, primarily Word and Excel and electronic medical record systems.