Healthcare Associates in Medicine, P.C. is seeking an experienced Psychotherapist to join our team. The psychotherapist will be responsible for providing psychotherapeutic services to children, adolescents and adults who have various medical, behavioral and developmental concerns as well as anxiety and depression. Clients also present with pain management and coping needs as well as medical conditions such as TBI/concussion, dementia, seizure disorder and other neurologic conditions. This position is part time which would include up to 15 to 20 hours per week, which may include evenings and weekend hours. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter along with salary requirements and references.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional clinical skills in delivering psychotherapeutic intervention to a variety of clients.
- Expertise in providing parent skills training and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cognitive and cognitive behavioral interventions, including the ability to develop and monitor individualized behavior plans.
- Ability to deliver developmentally appropriate psychotherapy.
- Deliver services to clients with neurologic conditions as well as those with chronic pain.
- Excellent note writing, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work hours that will accommodate patient population.
- Maintains timely and concise client documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Consult with Director of Program (licensed psychologist) when necessary and appropriate.
- Adheres to Compliance policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Current NY State license as LCSW or LMHC, or limited permit.
- 2-4 years’ experience in healthcare and mental health settings.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- Must possess above-average organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Competence using Microsoft Office products, primarily Word and Excel.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need.
- Standard use of office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
- Involves sitting approximately 95 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.