Healthcare Associates in Medicine, PC is seeking a full time Adult Neuropsychologist. The adult neuropsychologist will be responsible for providing neuropsychological and psychological evaluations for our client population and will include conducting dementia screenings, evaluate pain management patients, and assess fitness of pre-surgical pain candidates for spinal cord stimulation implant. Applicant also will see other adult populations with neurologic concerns such as stroke, TBI and seizure disorder.
- This full-time position offers medical, dental and vision benefits, PTO, 401K, as well as employee appreciation initiatives. This position is located on Staten Island, NY - EOE.
Only candidates who currently reside in or in close proximity to Staten Island will be considered for the role.
Position Responsibilities/Standards (include but are not limited to):
- Exceptional clinical skills in the area of neuropsychological and psychological assessment.
- Prior experience evaluating geriatric clients, clients with primary medical conditions including, but not limited to, neurologically complex individuals.
- Excellent report writing skills which succinctly, accurately, and effectively communicate the client’s needs and strengths to a variety of readers and offer individualized and practical treatment recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and a wide range of clients, as well as, to foster collaboration with our physicians and community agencies as needed.
- Ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities.
- Flexibility to work hours that will accommodate client population as well as to meet productivity goals and deadlines.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Take direction and initiate actions (cross/additional training) that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure seamless patient care.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical or health psychology.
- Current psychology licensure in the state of New York State.
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience in patient care setting.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records Systems.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need.
- Potential to be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients.
- Standard use of office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
- Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting patients.