Staten Island, NY - A private multi-specialty practice is looking to employ and enthusiastic and well rounded full time Pediatric Neuropychologist. The pediatric neuropsychologist will be responsible for providing comprehensive neuropsychological and academic evaluations for children and adolescents who have various neurobehavioral, neurodevelopmental and medical conditions. Typical conditions seen are ADHD, learning disorders, autism spectrum disorders, and behavioral disorders, as well as anxiety and depression and other co-morbid psychosocial, behavioral and psychiatric concerns. Clients with medical conditions such as TBI/concussion, seizure disorder and neurogenetic conditions also are seen, though less frequently. This position offers a competitive compensation package, which includes Paid Time Off and extensive benefit portfolio.
Please apply via email with a WORD type formatted resume to: hr@hca-si-com – EOE
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical psychology.
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship as well as completion of post-doctoral fellowship in pediatric neuropsychology.
- Licensure in the state of New York State.
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience in patient care setting.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records Systems
Position Responsibilities/Standards (include but are not limited to):
- Exceptional clinical skills in the area of neuropsychological and psychological assessment of children and adolescents.
- Working knowledge of public and private school processes and procedures as well as, the DOE/CSE process and related settings and supports, so that helpful and appropriate recommendations can be made.
- Excellent report writing skills which succinctly, accurately, and effectively communicate the child/adolescent’s needs and strengths to a variety of readers and offer individualized and practical treatment recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and a wide range of clients, as well as, to foster collaboration with school and community members as needed.
- Ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities.
- Flexibility to work hours that will accommodate patient population as well as to meet productivity goals and deadlines.
- Conducts psychological and neuropsychological assessments in accordance with generally accepted principles of the American Psychological Association.
- Develops and coordinates treatment recommendations (including referrals for further assessments) to address the referral questions and the needs of the patient.
- Communicates findings to family members, patients and/or referring physician or professional in a timely feedback meeting and written report.
- Completes reports in a timely fashion.
- Maintains billable hour requirements.
- Maintains required records and files.
- Implements and adheres to policies which assure the confidentiality of client communications.
- Investigates trends in professional practice and incorporates new techniques and theories as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings. Is available for consultation to administrative staff.
- Maintains Departmental policies and procedures. Observes policies and procedures related to Quality
- Assurance, Continued Quality Improvement, Safety, Infection Control and Environmental Control programs.
- Participates in projects, studies and other duties assigned.
- Provides supervision to unlicensed clinicians, as needed.
- Ensure all psychiatric medical records are complete on an ongoing basis and within 30 days after a client’s discharge.
- Provide referral of clients to medical specialist when appropriate.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Take direction and initiate actions (cross/additional training) that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure seamless patient care.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
Adherence to System and Departmental Policies:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and ability to reference them from appropriate books and manuals.
- Demonstrate adherence and support of Service Standards as evidence by observation and client feedback.
- Demonstrate adherence to System/Department Complaint Management Standard.
- Demonstrate adherence to System/Department Dress Code Standard.
- Demonstrate adherence to System/Department Safe Practices Standards.