Staten Island, NY - Healthcare Associates in Medicine, P.C. is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, reliable, flexible Physical Therapist Aide to join our team. The ideal PT Aide will be assisting a licensed physical therapist to provide care to clients in a private practice outpatient physical therapy setting with pleasant and professional environment for patients, family, and visitors. Good communication skills and interest in physical therapy or medical career a plus. Appropriate training is provided. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Preparing patients for physical therapy treatment by following prescribed procedures and protocols
- Helping treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educating patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain responsibility for general maintenance and upkeep of clinic including, but not limited to, collecting used laundry items and replacing with clean laundry, maintaining professional appearance of equipment, and cleaning treatment tables regularly.
- Assist patients in performance of therapeutic exercise under the direct supervision of Physical Therapist(s).
- Perform front office duties including, but not limited to, professional answering of phone, scheduling of patients, clinic correspondence, and collection of patient co-pays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience working in the Physical Therapy field.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in field, exercise, sports background.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity.
- Ability to lift and transfer patients independently and safely.
- Patient care experience.
- Must be BLS certified.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need.
- Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
- Involves standing approximately 30 percent of the day, walking or sitting the remainder.
- Helping lift, carry, and move equipment weighing up to 100 pounds. Must be able to transfer/ transport patient safely.