About the Job
Healthcare Associates in Medicine, PC is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our team.
Staten Island, NY - Healthcare Associates in Medicine, PC (HCA) is seeking both full time and per diem Physician Assistant’s to join their practice. The ideal candidate will offer professional patient care in an office based setting. HCA is a multi-specialty group providing a comprehensive range of neuro-musculo-skeletal services directed by the leading Staten Island specialty physicians. Our practice covers joint replacements, hand and upper extremity, spine, foot and ankle and sports medicine concerns. For ligament, cartilage and nerve repair to treatment for bone fractures and sprains, sports injuries and foot pain we are the first choice for Staten Islanders. We are proud to offer the only orthopedic walk-in center on Staten Island and the first in the metro area.
Please send cover letter which includes salary requirements and WORD formatted resume to: HR@hca-si.com
This position is located on Staten Island, NY and will include working occasional Saturday’s - EOE. Full time position will offer a competitive salary, bonus opportunity and full range of benefits including Paid Time Off.
- Physician Assistant Degree required
- Current NY State licensure maintained
- Evidence of Continuing Medical Education
- Training in Orthopedics
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least two years of experience in a physician office or hospital.
- Ability to make independent decisions about patient care.
- Experience assisting physicians in office procedures and surgeries (as needed in out-patient facilities or hospitals).
- Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA, CLIA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
- Demonstrate skill in fully documenting clinical activities.
- Knowledge of managed care basics, and experience working with a managed care and Medicare population.
- Working knowledge of using email and electronic medical records.
- Pleasant speaking voice and demeanor.
- Good communication skills.