Only candidates who currently reside in or in close proximity to Staten Island are going to be considered for the role.
Job Summary: Staten Island, NY – Large Multi-Specialty Healthcare practice is seeking a full time Surgical Coordinator to join their team. The ideal candidate must exhibit and possess strong organizational skills, excellent patient care skills, and is very detailed orientated. The Surgical Coordinator must enjoy working in a fast pace environment and strive on multi-tasking. The surgical coordinator is responsible for the coordination and authorization of surgical procedures and or surgeries between our physicians, patients, insurance carriers and associated out patient facilities.
Please send cover letter which includes salary requirements and WORD formatted resume to:
Full-time positions will be scheduled to work 42.5 hours per week. Part-time positions will be scheduled to work 24 hours per week. Days and hours of work will be determined at time of hire. This position is located on Staten Island, NY. This full-time position will offer a competitive salary, Paid Time Off and a full range of benefits. EOE
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinate and maintain scheduling for Orthopedic and Neurological physicians.
- Provide assistance to patients in regards to preparing for surgery by answering questions and addressing concerns.
- Working closely with patients and hospitals to schedule surgeries and clearances.
- Coordinate and schedule surgical procedures with facilities, patient, anesthesia, surgeon, and any other involved entity.
- Review surgical documents and a patient chart to ensure proper medical clearance is obtained prior to procedure.
- Acquire necessary medical records and documents for patient by communicating via telephone, facsimile or in person with other office locations or office personnel.
- Obtain surgical authorizations from insurance carriers.
- Create an organize workflow in a concise manner that is understandable to yourself and team members.
- Provide excellent customer service, care and communication for our patients in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that all preoperative paperwork is completed, correct and obtain proper signatures.
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Surgery scheduling experience with a minimum of 2 years.
- Proficient in computer scheduling and electronic medical records.
- Team player approach.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Windows.